Reviews from

in the past


com diferentes personagens do universo crash reunidos em uma única história, o quarto jogo inova com novas mecânicas, dando uma sobrevida a uma franquia que já parecia esgotada (não à toa, crash bandicoot: warped foi lançado 12 anos antes de it's about time). pessoalmente, acho que algumas escolhas de level design são questionáveis, como o modo n. verted. além disso, me estressei mais do que esperava jogando com o neo cortex, único personagem que não possui double jump. em um jogo no qual a movimentação é parte central da gameplay, subitamente perder a habilidade de pulo duplo é um saco.

Perfeito. Um final digno para a franquia, a qualidade dos bosses é sublime e alcança um nível magistral nas DLCs, áreas marcantes e a melhor jogabilidade. Uma carta de amor ao primeiro Dark Souls, mesmo sendo um jogo mais convidativo que o primeiro a experiência fica melhor caso se jogue em ordem.

Mais um joguinho que joguei na minha infância.

Gameplay divertida com alguns momentos engraçados (ainda mais por causa do Cosmo), gráficos simples e ótimos como também da ambientação de cada fase do jogo, animação muito boa dos personagens e dos inimigos, dublagem sensacional dos dubladores originais e a trilha sonora que é bem feita e ela varia em cada lugar que você avança na fase, quando você luta contra um inimigo e na hora de usar uma habilidade (eu achei esse detalhe muito bom). As habilidades (que são conquistadas através de três estrelas por meio de um desejo) são legais e não são entediantes de forma alguma. A minha única crítica é que os chefões poderiam ter sido um pouco mais difíceis e divertidos, sinto que quase todos foram fáceis demais.

Minha nota para esse jogo é 8,5./10. Recomendo? Super-recomendo! Além de que esse jogo é divertido, acredito que vocês irão gostar dele (mas alguns podem não gostar, e tá tudo bem) por causa de sua gameplay, seus personagens, suas habilidades em cada fase e sua trilha sonora. :D


This review contains spoilers

Continuing my first playthrough, completing the last 2 areas, Olimar's campaign, and the Sage Leaf Dandori Challenges.

It was pretty challenging getting back into it starting post-game, but I eventually relearned everything. The amount of challenge was just right I feel, whenever there was something I struggled with (mainly night expeditions) I just took a break and usually got it when I came back.

Both Olimar's Shipwreck tale and the Sage Leaf cave were both really fun challenges and I enjoyed retrying things and trying to get the most efficient route.

There honestly isn't anything bad I can say about this game, I love it so much!!! Heres to hoping there'll be DLC ion the future, but I can always try the previous Pikmin games as well.

This review contains spoilers

I revived my childhood 12 years later, literally...
I had a good time playing it as an adult and with the comfort of a wireless joystick.
What I didn't like is that to achieve 100% completion I had to play very unintuitive extra levels, but hey, what can you say to a game from 2008 that marked my childhood?

PS: I didn't know it had a section with supervillain levels the first time I played it and to get RA'S AL GHUL, you first have to unlock HUSH.

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter is a kind of an uneven game but I was so moved by the game in the end that I cannot imagine saying that it is any less than one of the best games I have ever played. it's everything that was great in the first game but even more, more incredible music, better tuned combat, and one of the most satisfying stories in a game I've ever seen

I think I liked this game more than I should have. I was playing it and was confused why the holes looked so familiar, and I later confirmed that nine of the holes are in Wii Sports, so I had played them before. This likely caused me to enjoy it more than I would have otherwise since the game felt quite easy at times due to the minimal learning curve.

The game is solid overall, but I didn't like the lack of finer control over changing direction when not putting. Other negatives include the lack of sound design and ugly graphics. The view window is cool, but the overall visuals look bad, likely limited by the hardware. Despite these flaws, the foundation of the game is solid and provides a good base for future titles. The sounds they have are good, but the overall lack of sound is underwhelming. Some shots feel really good, but the game's simplicity might not offer enough replayability for everyone.

Sentí que a veces se prolongaban mucho algunas secciones del juego, pero ha sido de los mejores juegos acción/aventura que he disfrutado.

Jogo abandonado infelizmente.
Chega um ponto q o jogo só se resume em ficar descendo no void e upando dano com orb pra conseguir lidar com 500 bosses nos andares.

Probably the most derivative mascot horror game I have played so far. Now, you might say BanBan is or Joyville, or whatever else you can conjure up, but I'd say it is this. BanBan and Joyville are trying to be unique and have branched off in different ways now, BanBan is trying to do more of a story focus, and Joyville 2's trailer looks more unique than I was expecting.

This game doesn't do anything. It has okay graphics, I guess, but that's the only compliment. It's a kindergarten, like BanBan, these are Animatronics (with souls inside them) which you could say is FNaF, though there are like 10 others that also do that concept too.

The enemies, especially the character of Bokkie, is very Poppy Playtime inspired. All the models are bad, you get 3 different characters, and 2 of those are the same model but reskinned differently.

You can't forget how there is a 4 button process to playing tapes. Because you have to power the tv on, power the VHS player on, insert the VHS, and then Play the VHS. All manually, it's infuriating.

The game ends so abrupt, you run to a red area and you get jumpscared and it says ''to be continued in the next chapter'', this won't get a next chapter, so my huge love and curiosity for the ''amazing'' story telling, and ''great'' world building of Bokkie has now come to an end.

They use AI all over this, in the voices, to the art, the dev even made a STEAM NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT about how he didn't use AI, when it looks pretty clearly that its ai. Another funny thing, is that the game is poorly translated into English, and clearly is made by a developer of another country.

I'd rather have Muzy, or have Greg's Deadly Draft to get a sequel than this, and those games aren't good.

Overall: 2/10

It’s a me! Mario Pinball? Making a Pinball game was a good idea, and the creator did a good job with the basics. However, it turns out that if it’s not amazing, it’s probably not worth putting on shelves. The game is very bland and mediocre, lacking the heart and substance that makes pinball exciting. Yes, the physics are a bit off, but that’s not what kills the experience. From what I can tell, the game should only exist as a way for the creator to improve their skills, but it brings nothing for us as players. The art looks kind of crappy, not utilizing the NES properly, and the graphics and effects are subpar. The home screen music is nice, but the game mostly being silent makes it feel boring. Overall, it doesn’t have that pinball charm.

Well, it's Dead Rising 2 but with a slightly different plot starring Frank, and a bit stingier when it comes to difficulty. The new content, namely the amusement park, unique weapons, psychos and final boss (that completely jumps the shark) don't feel as worth it when most of the story missions, survivors and overall pacing are identical. I dunno, it feels more like a fan servicey apology for the people who hated Chuck rather than a refinement of 2. It's solid, but not on its own merits.

It's a neat idea, but executed pretty poorly. The controls are awful, which makes it an exercise in random frustration to try to score points and the entire loop gets repetitive extremely quickly.

La culminación de una trilogía PEAK del Terror.

The original will always hold a special place in my heart, but I think I'm ready to admit this version isn't as bad as I used to think it was. It's actually very well-done, considering how AlphaDream was collapsing at the time.

Some of the gameplay adjustments make this one especially good for a casual run-through. I might honestly recommend this version to series newcomers over the original!

Anyway I'm not playing the Bowser's Minions mode lol, just watch the story on YouTube or somethin.

Third GOTM finished for July 2024. Been said a bunch of times already, but this is what it truly means when someone says a game is a "hidden gem". What an absolute treat this one was! Great art that aged well, good music, fun (if albeit slightly repetitive) puzzles, and a really good story. The gameplay felt unlike anything I'd played before, and while the story is what really carries the game across the finish line the puzzles and "howdunnits" were fun and enjoyable. The characters were full of personality and really came out to play in this one. I didn't really feel the ending was all that satisfying (though it did certainly attempt to tug at the heartstrings) as I thought it was fairly contrived. This keeps it from being a masterpiece in my book, but what a tremendous game nonetheless. Go, go play it now!

"You're on a path in the woods. And at the end of that path is a cabin. And in the basement of that cabin is a princess. You're here to slay her. If you don't, it will be the end of the world"

Honestly not a very bad game, an average Devolver 6 or 7/10 but it is very poorly optimized and i couldn't get the damn thing to work right. Real bad frame drops and overall just kind of limp feeling gameplay in a few areas. I like the aesthetic of this a lot, but the game just feels...off. It kind of gets worse as it goes on and gets more and more complicated with more strange enemy types, it feels sort of confusing in what it wants to be. Mostly its just hotline miami, but i dont know none of these games can get it to work right. The guns look and feel pretty nice for the most part but some feel so...bleh. The machine gun and the plunger specifically. Not bad, just wished i could get it to work.

depths scenario made me want to die but the rest of the game is great

the first part of two in telling the complete story of Trails in the Sky. Despite the idea that this is only a first part, it is a full featured game that tells a moving story about two teenagers learning about the world, as well as the collective trauma they and the people of their country share from a war a decade past. there are criticisms I could make but I feel that truly they are so minor as to not even be worth bringing up. no matter what this is one of those games you should play if you love video games.

Anger Foot provides what a lot of people were hoping it would. It's an adrenaline boosted title that takes place in a depraved city with hyper violence and enough mania to feel like one big cartoon. It's an absolute blast to shoot and kick your way through what feels like the birth place of the garbage pail kids, but with a lot more vaping.

It introduces weapons and enemies pretty regularly. Variety is the word of the day with this one as you'll enounter a lot of different locations and layouts. Its combat pacing is just really great. It includes some down time moments to just hang out in this vile world. Lots of laughs to be explored there.

As others have said the game has a performance problem. I'm running a 40 series card and the last few levels chugged. The bosses are also pretty bad. They aren't hard, just kind of boring. They don't overstay their welcome but I wish they were better.

I don't think Anger Foot will fill the void completely that was left by Hotline Miami but that is fine. It feels unique enough in its own right to recommend to those who enjoy their video games with a healthy dose of violence, vulgarity and.....of course....feet. That last one isn't a requirement to enjoy this one (trust me) but I am sure it helps.


Wonderful game. I remember is coming in the mail when I was a kid and was so excited. Going through all the paths to get all the endings was so much fun! The culmination of Shadow’s journey was unbelievable!

This review contains spoilers

I'd be willing to bet that people would often describe Undertale as a game each and every person has their own unique experience with. Whether that's through the obvious, such as their FUN value, or the route they take, or through the less obvious, through the little secrets they find, the people they meet, or even the emotions that run through them as they're playing through it. But I think for me, I've had the opportunity to experience Undertale in a more unique fashion, and I hope that I'll get to share that unique experience and what it means to me now having gained that perspective.

First thing's first experience. I first experienced Undertale in the locker room after swim practice. I wanna say this was a relatively short time after it came out? My friend liked to show us videos he found funny, or music he liked to listen to while we were changing. One day, he shows us the Omega Flowey boss battle and then eventually Asriel's fight (I'm not sure why he would show us that considering how big of a spoiler that was but hey I'm not mad especially because I forgot about Asriel💀💀💀). He then told me it was from a game called Undertale. Now, seeing that led me to believe Undertale was purely a horror shoot-em-up with an I Want to be the Guy aesthetic (which, by the way, would fucking rock someone should make that).

Over the next few months I too would continue to hear about Undertale through "cultural osmosis" for lack of a better phrase. This was when I would hear about Sans. Specifically, I would learn about his bossfight through an incomplete Bad Time simulator of sorts recreated on Scratch. It was then I would look up his bossfight in full and be greeted with shadowy figures in a magnificent hallway speaking and then suddenly being thrown into a difficult battle. At that point, Undertale had hooked me. I assumed that the story was about a child being thrown into a darkened world with abstract and shadowy figures would come at you without knowing why (in a way I feel that about Everhood now lol).

So now, being fully aware of the game's existence, I, like many other tweens that had strict parents that you would have to beg to get them something for you at special occasions only, would look up a full playthrough of the game to get the full experience myself. What I was then met with was the exact opposite of my first impressions. From the perspective of my family's computer, I would watch an amazing journey unfold before my very eyes. Together with my younger brother, I would laugh at Sans's delivery of bad puns, marvel at the scenery Frisk would walk by, and gasp and cry at the ending. I had only experienced this game as a mere observer and I still felt the shockwaves of the energy this game had. Those shockwaves in question would plant the seeds of what shapes me today. The seeds sprouted up into my current passions for humor, narration, and most importantly, storytelling. Mind you, I was always into writing, but this helped me hone my passion as I saw for the first time what I truly wanted to replicate. I'll talk more about these specifics in a bit.

So 9 years later, after basically being pressured by my friends to actually play the darn thing, I did it. So what did playing it change? Honestly, not much for me at this point. Being exposed to basically everything important the game had to offer meant that the gameplay aspect really didn't mean much for me save for a good pop-off whenever I beat a boss. But mind you I had already played through Deltarune chapters 1 and 2 so those were simply relegated to short bursts of energy. If anything, the passage of time is what shaped my thoughts during this playthrough. Undertale had become a comfort game for me, coming back to its homely pixel art world filled with all the good memories I had saved since I was 13 brought an air of peace to me. It also just felt right coming directly to the thing that's been a cultural zeitgeist for long after its release. As of writing this, Undertale Yellow is still a relatively new game, and any game that spurs a fan creation of that calibre must have done something right. And indeed, barring a few nitpicks and aged production, this game just IS right, you know? It's perfectly paced, every line of dialogue feels deliberate, and even the gameplay freshens itself up to keep the player interested.

Now, would it have been nice to actually experience this game blind? Of course, but I'm okay with that not happening. What was really interesting for me was how much the ending still sucked me in even after knowing everything. For me, Undertale's perfect narrative structure reaches its crescendo beginning at the Capital. I was gawking at how much it included everything I want out of an ending, including:

- a final showdown in a peaceful location with birds chirping
- an eldritch boss that breaks all previous comprehension
- simple sprites projected on a stunning 3D abstraction of a wall
- uncovering horrible secrets that a character must atone for, and with that some tears shed uncovering those secrets
- a final showdown with a twist character remembering all the friends you made along the way
- a sad goodbye and a parting hug
- everyone getting to live their best lives in the credits
- a beautiful sunset
- the story fading into legend, like you're closing a storybook
- a post credits scene at night where everything and everyone is at peace
- a final thank you for playing and the good night on top of that

Undertale's true ending is more like a million different endings that are all so masterfully done that any game would be lucky to have even one of those done right. I realize now that Undertale didn't hit all those right notes for my own personal tastes, it MADE those personal tastes. This game was always a part of my creative life and it took revisiting it in my adult years to fully see that.

So then, what I took from Undertale is also rather different I would argue. Undertale has many, many beautiful themes that are all so expertly woven into its narrative that it's hard to truly pick one out. I suppose I could connect me watching Undertale at 13 to being my first puberty that brought me emotions and growth I wouldn't have known about, and playing through it at 21 being my true puberty while knowing how to be an adult but still realizing how pivotal it was to my life (I'm sorry for that sentence). But, I think that would be low-hanging fruit coming from me at this point.

Alternatively, I could connect Undertale to OneShot in that the world is in fact very real from the connections that you make with the characters, and the actions you take to make them happy and give them a world they can live in. But again, that feels like low-hanging fruit for me to take that would not do this game enough justice.

I've been wracking my brains for a bit and pacing back and forth trying to think of what a good takeaway I got from this game was. But in the end, I don't think Undertale had anything to teach me.

It's just a game that's as magical as the very first time I ever heard about it from my friend. And it's as unchanged as my friend is now (well, that's not true he's changed a bit but he's still everything that I remember him to be.) It's just a game that's always happy to see me and talk to me, and promises a good time whenever I want to spend time with it. Same deal with my friend, who was my friend when no one else would be and would bring me many happy memories on the swim team and just together. Both would teach me how to be actually human, too. My friend would teach me by showing me what a real friend does, and would heal my heart from the loneliness of my childhood. Undertale would bring me into the online world, and would teach me how to be human by me watching how other people would interact from there. It's already taught me what it wanted me to know and that's to be kind to others at every turn and it's PROUD of me for accomplishing that.

Despite everything I went through growing from 12 to 21, it's still me that's bright eyed and looking for something cool to do and I'm glad that part of me came out as I went through this important rediscovery. It's one of those games that make you glad you're alive to experience something as important as this. This game deserves not to be in a museum, but rather a corner of your bed to be snuggled on those nights when you feel down. Thank you for reading this. Thank you for making this, Toby. And thank you for being my friend, Zach.

Have a good night.

This is an excellent Zelda like, souls like game that features some pretty intense puzzles as well. I was able to 100% complete this game without too much difficulty. This game also features some accessibility options that make it easier to play through the game and complete everything.

I played on Steam deck and there were some points where my Deck was running a bit hot, but I was still able to play this game without any difficulty.