this what it feel like to buy wee d from the gas sttation

The vibes are immaculate. This is all the charm of a classic N64 game, without all the jank.

Interesante y con ideas chulas pero se queda algo corto.

Su mejor baza es que actúa como mitad plataformas 3D y mitad Metroidvania y cuanto más avances, vas a conseguir más acceso a nuevas habilidades de movimiento que están francamente fenomenales.

Ahora bien, el juego siendo Metroidvania carece de cualquier mapa y cualquier forma de marcar tu progresión, lo cual duele bastante. Y aunque el movimiento funciona muy bien, también creo que tiene sus momentos en los que no se siente cómodo del todo (saltos contra la pared, deslizamientos en paredes). Aparte de que hay momentos en el que el diseño de nivel es algo obtuso. Y bueno, me parece que el combate tiene mucha promesa pero el juego no consigue explotarlo. Entendible dentro de su escala.

Aun así, es cortito y cuesta poco y resulta generalmente muy agradable de jugar. Para ser un proyecto nóvel, es bastante recomendable.

Best playing 3D platformer I've ever laid hands upon! The combat felt like an afterthough though, and I got lost innumerable times. A map would have been welcome

GOOD MUSIC GOOD MOVEMENT GOOD EVERYTHING. i just wish pants sybil was her main design SHE ROCKS THAT SHIT LIKE CRAZY. professional designs sick asf 2

sybil please im begging you sybil marry me please

Really fun movement and awesome dreamy atmosphere. A map would be nice.

This game really impressed me, especially for a game made in less than a year, it's really impressive that they managed to make the bones of this game feel so fantastic. I loved unlocking each power up and watching all my movement open up one by one. The movement captured my imagination, and when I was able to use it in fun and interesting ways, I had such a good time. The music, the atmosphere, the graphical style, it all clicked into a package that only got better and better as I got power ups.

Although that is the case, I found this game hitting all my weak spots when it comes to playing games. I get lost, a lot. Even in linear games, I seem to miss details that have me searching for 30 minutes looking for the one button I have to hit, or one box I'm supposed to attack. It's really frustrating and something that I experience a lot. I feel Pseuregalia really exacerbated this for me.

There were many times I was exploring, and I would get lost due to the pace of movement and the actual way the maps were designed. I would find a spot that I needed a power up for, and would keep it in mind. Once I found that power up, I went ahead and tried to retrace my steps back to the place I remembered, only to be left almost never being able to find it. It was a really tiring experience after a while, not ever being able to find out where I needed to go, and I spent a long portion of my time wandering around, hoping I would find the thing I needed. I would say I spent about 65% of my time playing wandering, and I think I took a lot longer on this game than many other people did because of it.

I think one way this could be alleviated is if there was more focused visual design and level design. In many ways, I think the maps are really excellently designed. I found myself pushing my moveset to the max and finding ways to get up ledges earlier than felt intended, which was really fun. It felt cool to 'break' the game in this way and be rewarded with early power ups and stuff. It made me really happy.

On the other hand, I feel as though the level design kinda melded together, many of the areas aside from the music kinda blended together, as there are 3 castle areas and the underground area is so expansive and samey looking you can get lost waaaay too easily, which led to me running in circles over and over again. I wish each level had more unique visual design and landmarks to help me orient myself more, it would be very very helpful and would make it so a map feature wouldn't even be needed.

I think a map would be an easier fix for it, but I appreciate it doesn't have a map atm. I'm pretty sure it's getting an update to add one, which I guess will fix my main hangup with the game, but I feel it's a bandaid on a bigger problem.

I think this game is an excellent start, and I hope it can be expanded on in a sequel, because the bones here are mindblowingly cool.

A really fun 3D platformer, a genre that I have barely even touched. The exploration gameplay is greatly complimented by it's slightly eerie athmosphere.

Pseudoregalia is a game that absolutely blew me away, it’s easily one of the best Metroidvanias I’ve played. I honestly think it’s a near perfect game, I’d honestly say there’s only one major issue that’s preventing it from being completely perfect. Regardless, I absolutely loved playing Pseudoregalia.

I think outright the best aspect of the game is the movement. When it comes to Metroidvanias the aspect I love the most is all the movement options you can get. Having so many ways to traverse the level feels great, and Pseudoregalia does this in strides. Sybil’s main move is her air kicks, where she can kick off of walls, or in the air. The game limits you to three air kicks while midair so its never broken. I think what makes me think of the air kicks first is the sort of learning curve that comes to properly using them. At first, they feel weird, and difficult to pull of properly. But as you progress through the game, and learn how to use them more and more, they feel so good to properly pull off. This already feels great, but there’s so many upgrades to Sybil’s movement that are absolutely amazing. By the end of the game, I was quickly blasting through rooms, pulling off awesome maneuvers.

And as well the game is built so perfect for Sybil’s movement. There were so a lot of challenging platforming sections that I absolutely loved trying to figure out. I’ll be honest, I don’t know if I did any of them in the correct way. Sometimes it feels like I did things correctly, while sometimes I feel like I cheesed my way into the solution. And honestly, I really like that! The fact that there’s so many ways to clear a platforming challenge is really something, and it made each one really fresh.

The game does feature combat as well, though it’s very simple combat. While some may be bothered by that, I honestly prefer the more platforming-centric design of Pseudoregalia. Yet again, when the movement it satisfying like it is here, all I want to do is move, not fight. There’s only 2 bosses in the game as well, and neither of them were really difficult. In fact, I never died at all during my time with the game, though I did get close on some occasions. I honestly found the final boss to be run too.

And god, Pseudoregalia is a visually stunning game. I absolutely love when games try to emulate the style and look of N64 or PS1 games, and Pseudoregalia does this amazing well. And to add to it, the music is amazing. Tied with the fact that Pseudoregalia hs a very dreamlike aesthetic, everything fits so perfectly well. Each environment feels great to explore, and the aesthetics of each major area are amazing. The first that immediately comes to mind is the solemn atmosphere of the Empty Bailey. The Library and the Theatre are amazing locations as well.

But as I mentioned, I think there’s one thing sorely missing in Pseudoregalia. And that simply is a map. It’s so easy to get lost in Pseudoregalia. The game has so many intersecting paths that it’s easy to end up in an entirely new location rather easily. I don’t need a map to know where I’m supposed to go. Rather, I need a map to remember how to get to where I’ve already been. I really do think that a map alone would make this game perfect to me. And mentioning this, I’ve heard that there will be a future update that includes a map, alongside other bonuses which is amazing to hear. I definitely plan on replaying the game once the update with the map releases, so we’ll see what happens then.

Regardless though, I absolutely adore Pseudoregalia. It’s such a good, short and sweet little 3D Metroidvania. The movement is top notch, and it feels amazing. There’s so much that it does right, this game is just simply amazing. I’m probably going to wait for the update to release, but no doubt I will be replaying this game. Please play Pseudoregalia.

3D Platformers in a form of metroidvania's are rare. This game has an amazing movement system and is really fun. The combat is also great. It's a short game made for a game jam but has a lot of content and fun ideas.

Being my first 3D Metroidvania I got lost alot throughout the game espically with the lack of a map as this is before it's going to be added in a update. But despite that I had a lot of fun with this game the movement is incredible I would not have liked this game as much as I did if it was half as good as it is. The look is so damn authentic, my personaly favorite game aesthetic is PS1-Gamecube era graphics and this nails it perfectly and even if you turn off all the filters and effects in settings it still looks so damn good. The musics also accurate to games in this area and the final boss is the best song in the game. Overall a great short 3D game can't wait to see what rittzler does next

To say that the movement in Pseudoregalia does all the heavy lifting would be at least slightly disingenuous, but it cannot be downplayed how smooth and expressive the traversal is. The depth at play here is one thing; there's so many advanced techniques and interesting ways to progress through rooms that one could get it in their head that they're sequence breaking. Hell, they might be.

But what really solidifies this as a must-play - the true testament to how wonderfully designed this package is - is how much the rooms and map compliment said movement.

Pseudoregalia expects the player to explore, but more than that it expects the player to invent. Once all the abilities are unlocked, there's no need to take intended paths through its interconnected areas. Players forge their own paths by chaining wall-kicks, canceling ground pounds and maybe even learning how busted side-flips are. Nothing feels out of reach, and everything feels within the realm of possibility when it comes to level layouts.

This game isn't perfect. There's no map system (it's coming in an update), the game is relatively short, and aside from two specific encounters combat isn't particularly engaging. Sore spots, for sure. One could even make the argument that the low polygon count and low resolution textures make the game a bit bland looking, though I'd counter that with it being part of the N64-inspired charm. It truly doesn't matter anyway. To say these blemishes take away from the joy of playing... That's more than slightly disingenuous.

This game is a masterfully tight and well-crafted experience. It's a blast to control and a joy to discover. Absolutely worth the play whether or not you're planning on jacking off to the goat lady.

Uno de los mejores plataformeros metroidvania que he jugado en mucho tiempo, tiene astetica retro a lo playstation 1 que le queda increible para la atmosfera que el juego arma.
el gameplay es simplemente magnifico de utilizar y aunque el juego me parecio corto no pude evitar abrir el juego para tratar de pasar por zonas dificiles de plataformeo simplemente por el gusto de los controles

Absolutely blew me away. Best 3D platformer movement I've ever experienced. Works great as a Metroidvania, the sense of exploration is really great and since the atmosphere is great and your movement is inherently fun, it's never a pain to have to go anywhere. It's pretty open-ended too, you aren't railroaded all the time like in actual Metroid. And honestly, it feels like the intended experience of this game is to accidentally sequence break at several points, which I love. This game makes you feel like a 3D platforming genius and I fucking love it.

I have just a couple tiny, tiny knocks on it. The music is kinda meh and loops quickly. And the final boss / ending was extremely underwhelming, felt like kind of a letdown after such a cool game to have an easy beat down boss. I would have liked some sort of final epic platforming challenge.

This is the game I've been waiting for ever since I really started to understand the mechanics of Super Mario Sunshine as a kid. The 3D Mario games have always been more or less unmatched in terms of movement in a 3D platformer; right from Mario 64, you have what, seven different types of jumps? Plus the slide? Other 3D platformers didn't even deign to try for that kind of complexity in their movement. Even Nintendo stepped away from that complexity for Super Mario Galaxy, and didn't really return to it until Odyssey. And as much as I love those Mario games, I've always wondered what could be if you took that movement into a different place. I wanted to see a game that really demanded you understand everything you can do with that movement, instead of just letting you play with it as a little treat. A game that builds that movement into its very being.

Pseudoregalia is basically that. Or at least, it's the first version of that I've seen; for all this game's successes, it's also a game that really opens my eyes as to what could be. And given that this is developer rittzler's first "major" release (defining "major" as "it's on Steam", I guess), I'll bet that this game opened their eyes as well. (I'm very much keeping my eyes on their next game, Electrokinetic.) But right out the gate, they got the movement—what I imagine to be the hardest part—right. Every type of jump feels good to use, the options feel intuitive, and understood exactly how I could use each option to get where I wanted to be. A few of the options are basically lifted right out of Mario 64, and they feel just as good here. The one that I really love is this game's wall jump, which is actually a mid-air kick that gives you momentum in a direction you choose, which results in a jump if you hit a wall. This lets you aim back at a wall, giving you a little more control over how you want to use it. This is the realization from Mario I'd been waiting for; countless times in Mario I would wall jump off of a wall that was slightly too tall for me to scale, trying to fade back to get that little bit of extra height to get me over the edge. Or I would try to wall jump in a corner, even though the angles weren't really in my favour. There's creativity all over Mario's movement, and sometimes the exact situation I described would actually work. But usually it didn't, because the levels weren't built for you to be able to do that. Pseduoregalia's are, and so the mechanics give you that particular kind of freedom to match.

Which brings us to the second-hardest part that this game succeeds at: making levels that enourage players to use those movement options. It's tricky; to make a Metroidvania—a 3D Metroidvania, no less—based around movement means that there are inevitably going to be opportunities where it looks like a player can do something, but they actually need a powerup. But you also want that ambiguity, because otherwise the movement's not actually any fun; it's just lock-and-key stuff without any opportunity to actually be creative. I won't say that Pseudoregalia always gets the balance right, but I think the general approach here is correct: err on the side of ambiguity. There are a few sections where I tried, without success, to get past an area I simply didn't have the tools for. But that's okay, because this game is structured in such a way that I didn't even know if something I needed was beyond there. And the game is not so punishing that I felt like I was supposed to do insane feats to complete the game, so I knew there was probably something somewhere else I could use. By the same token, there was an entire somewhat difficult area that would've been a lot easier to traverse if I had an ability I missed earlier in the game, but I still made it through by just being clever with the abilities I had. I thought that was pretty cool.

The game's lack of clear direction is a fair point of contention with some; you're never explicitly told what you're even supposed to be doing in this world, much less where to go. There's no map, and the (well-realized, non-trivially Undertale-esque) low-poly art direction results in a lot of rooms lacking distinctive features. It's very easy to get lost. But I liked that approach for this game. For one, the game's movement options make it so that it's quite easy to navigate the world (especially later in the game), so trying to get back to a familiar location to reorient yourself isn't a huge deal. It's also a relatively small world for a small game (I beat it in a little under 6 hours), so there's not that much to actually learn. With the difficulties mitigated, I liked spending the time to learn where I was and try to figure where I could go and where I hadn't been. Eventually you can start to figure out what you're actually supposed to be doing, and from there things click into place pretty easily.

The rest of the game's aspects—combat, story, whatever—didn't really impress me, but they're also not given much priority in this game. I certainly didn't come here for them, and as it stands they most exist to break up the rest of the action. Fine by me! This game succeeds at something we should have gotten literal decades ago, and it does so in a way that doesn't feel perfunctory. It's not so simple as "Mario 64 Metroidvania", and you can feel dozens of very specific design choices that went into this. I'm so happy I got to play this, and I can't wait to see where rittzler goes from here.

Plays very well but held back by being a metroidvania, meaning it doesn't play well until like halfway through the game.

Good game, furries can make a jump feel good.

Needs a damn map

The pacing and movement was so good. I loved this game. The way this 3D metroidvania is structured and flows is amazing. It was a blast. I wish there was more variety and story. The ending felt super rushed and lackluster

Loved this game, more so for the price.

The world needs more 3d metroidvanias. No map so either be good at keeping one in your mind or make one in paint.

Pseudoregalia es un regalito caído del cielo. Empezando por su precio accesible, este juego es una joya que te tendrá rebuscando por todo su mapa, preguntándote como llegarás a ese orbe verde tan llamativo o a esa llave que parece imposible. Es asombroso como incluso dándote cabezazos contra la pared puedes llegar a zonas sin tener todos los movimientos y una vez los tienes todo lo bien que fluyen entre ellos permitiéndote llegar a lugares que parecen imposibles. El apartado visual consigue un parecido asombroso a la época que emula, conoce las limitaciones y las aprovecha muy bien pese a que la elección de un estilo art déco para los menús y los textos me deja un tanto desconcertado. Buenos efectos sonoros y una preciosa BSO envuelven un maravilloso juego que deberías probar sin duda.

Really great schmoovement & it's fun to finagle around areas in ways that may not have been intended. Pretty quick & doesn't overstay its welcome. Only issue is lack of a map, so it's sometimes tricky to figure out where to go. Though the world isn't super large, so it's not a major issue.

empiezo a odiar un tipo de indie en particular

in the pseudoreligia game. straight up "jorking it". and by "it", haha, well. let's justr say. My peanits

1/3 of the games that made me have tears in my eyes.

The soundtrack dude, the SOUNDTRACK. HOLY CRAP. Every song is amazing and fits the atmosphere of every location and scenario perfectly. I've been listening to the whole thing ever since I first played it. It has such an ethereal, dreamlike vibe to it that's so calming and mysterious at the same time, and it compliments the rest of the game's whole aesthetic so well. I didn't even replay this game today, it was just on my mind for way too long. I do not understand how every single aspect of this game is this stupidly good. All I want from this game now (outside of a map, that would be nice) is more. If they don't make a sequel or a DLC or something, I'm gonna lose my mind. They can not just leave gameplay and atmosphere this fantastic in one single short game.
7 dollars.
DOLLARS.

The use of a metroidvania map and really expressive platforming makes for a very fun platforming time! Just moving from A to B is honestly fun on its own, and trying to work out how to get from place to place with your current move set almost feels like a puzzle. However, it feels bogged down by a world that isn't really that interesting to me, combat that feels like an afterthought, and a lack of a map which led me to looking up a walkthrough because I had no idea where I still needed to go near the end (although a map will be added in the future, but it's weird it's not already there). It's still really cool though, and when the map update comes out it'll definitely become a no-brainer recommendation from me.