Botany Manor is a charming puzzle game that does an excellent job of creating a sense of space. The game is designed around combing an area for clues, sorting out which applies to each plant, and then doing the mental math needed to make the plant grow.

It's a low-fi, calm experience, and I think a lot of the satisfaction comes from walking from place to place, picking up on small pieces of environmental storytelling, and having to create a mental map of the manor in your brain. While the puzzles will not challenge you like in Myst or the Witness, it does a great job of putting you in a place and letting that space be play a role in the puzzle.

They captured the romance of life at a quiet estate turned into a garden, where life is simple and one could just spend their days studying exotic, fantastical plants and the stories behind them. It's an easy game to recommend and a nice way to spend a couple hours.

A puzzle game using the walking sim flow/ mechanics of walking around and picking up notes, though I found it far more appealing here as the notes serve the puzzles with a smattering of world building. A genuinely wonderful experience.

A lovely little first-person puzzle game about working out the optimal conditions needed to make different types of flowers bloom. I found it a bit on the easy side, and I’m not sure how I feel about the decision to not let you freely view any clues you found (instead forcing you to track them down all over again once you’ve worked out what information you need), but I enjoyed my time with it. I particularly liked that despite the relaxed, cozy, Wholesome Games-ness of it all, the narrative had some unexpected bite to it in the form of some infuriatingly condescending 19th century misogyny.

As a lover of puzzle mansions, this game is right up my alley as well as its vibrant art style that highlights the personality of each plant. The puzzle joy comes from figuring out how to bloom each plant with their own solutions. Sadly though, I did find the experience somewhat lackluster where the puzzles are a bit on the easier side and some unnecessary backtracking since clues cannot be reviewed in a menu having to walk all the way back to where it was. I did like the lack of puzzle hints in favor of grouping clues together to verify if the player has enough information to solve the puzzle except one BS scale puzzle. Of course, this may be the intended easier difficulty given its soothing art style. That said, the inclusion of misogyny as an antagonistic pressure works given its time period and driving force to complete and publish the book for recognition. It would have been nice if the protagonist was voiced or showed some character to be actually invested in the goal aside from completion.

Overall, can recommend this game although I would have liked a more challenging experience.

Came at the right time for me, a really charming a calming little first person puzzler that has you searching round an large manor house looking for clues and details on how to grow a variety of picky little plants.

While it is overall a very relaxing experience, it is a little too on the easy to complete side with most puzzles being quite self explanatory and relying mostly on memorisation of data than anything else with solutions often just boiling down to remembering or writing down key facts to determine things like light sources, heat, sound or PH level.

Its still charming, soothing and very much the sort of game you'll finish in an afternoon but I do wish there was a touch more variety in the puzzles.

Charming little game. Relatively simple puzzles, but they were nice to solve.

Beautiful short game, relaxing music and ambient to stay a while and enjoy it, the puzzles were not that hard and some of them were interesting, I really recommend it.

Lo dejé ayer en el penúltimo capítulo y hoy me encuentro que no se me ha guardado la partida.

Brief, light, pleasant, Botany Manor has a fantastic set up and delivers on that premise but lacks any ambition to go beyond and become more than the sum of its parts.

Being given a book of blank pages and a gorgeous mansion to explore is intensely charming. Each page represents a flower with unique conditions for blossoming, which you're tasked with first deducing and then recreating within the grounds of the manor.

The puzzles have an escape room feel, key information is scattered around in notes and pages that you must cross reference until you puzzle out what your little sprout needs to grow. These puzzles are all delightful, each flower is fickle in its own whimsical way, but the logic is rooted in real principles of botany to help guide your intuition. Light, soil, temperature and even sound are the lingua franca of the floral world.

There's a feature to place relevant clues on a flower's page, which then "lock in" once you have the full set; it's usefulness is middling, you can't view information remotely and the puzzles don't have much overlap anyway. This feels like a half-hearted gesture at Return of the Obra Dinn's genius information managing system.

As is typical for this type of silent first person indie game the story and background must be inferred rather than shown directly. This is done through notes and objects that have varying degrees of subtlety regarding the themes of the game. This is where the game falters for me, not that I dislike the themes or feel that they're not important or emotional, but rather that the game is lacking a watershed moment that ties gameplay and narrative together as a cohesive Experience.

That said, ultimately it's a short enjoyable game that I didn't regret my time playing, so maybe you won't either.

Generally a delight. Environment design is a triumph, hitting a poetic balance between realism and wonder. Fantasy fiction with a realistic underpinning sums up the plants, the gameplay and the milieu - fits together wonderfully. My gripe is that some of the later puzzles can be irritating in an old-school adventure way, where you know exactly what the puzzle solution is but can't hit the order or particular manner of solution the designer intended - a hint system of sorts would have smoothed that significantly and wouldn't turn a lovely experience into one with moments of frustration.

Botany Manor is a fantastic and relaxing puzzle game where you play as a 19th Century botanist who is trying to get her botanical research book published. You explore her family manor and figure out how to successfully grow the various plants by collecting clues in each area.

The achievements are easy and the game can be finished in a short play session. No guides are needed as the game explains the steps needed for each flower to bloom very well.

Worth checking out if you enjoy puzzles games or period pieces.

Cute little puzzle game where you grow flowers and sit on benches. Has a decent variety between the puzzles so it doesn’t get repetitive. A simple 100% that takes roughly 4 hours. (give or take)

The journal to keep track of puzzles in this game is very reminiscent of Obra Dinn in how you fill it out. Both games are at their best when you have a bunch of parallel threads to unravel, but aside from a few times where the subtle hook for a puzzle was particularly impressive, this game is pretty far off from Obra Dinn in terms of depth and quality. It’s too short of a game for there to be much to compliment, the puzzles are integrated pretty seamlessly within the context of botany and British History which I liked. Too much busy work really brings the game down, given it took less than 3 hours to beat. I have no idea why you can’t review clues through the journal, it makes you return to and inspect each clue whenever you want to see it again.
The game is pretty but once you’ve seen the first 5 minutes you’ve seen it all, so not a huge positive for me – it’s an art style that I assume a lot of people will probably like though. Music was forgettable but serviceable for ambience I guess. It tries and mostly succeeds in telling a simple, short but meaningful story. Nothing crazy for a game but not terrible at all, worth your time if you have gamepass but not sure it’s worth the money. Also had a lot of stuttering in certain areas.

The beauty of Botany Manor lies in its simplicity. The story is delicate and evolves at the right pace, while the puzzles are varied and not that difficult. Aesthetically it is not perfect, yet it remains beautiful. It is a delight for the mind and the eye. Cannot ask for more from a cozy puzzle game.

I think of Botany Manor as an investigation puzzle game in the form popularized by Return of the Obra Dinn. There have been several other games that have taken the 'match up the right sequence of clues' formula in the years since Obra Dinn released in 2019. Most of these games deal with solving crimes, specifically murders, that fall into the typical detective fantasy. Botany Manor bucks this trend by delving into the whimsical world of fantasy Victorian botany where each plant has specific requirements to properly bloom. This setup makes it stand out from others in the genre, but also limits its emotional impact on the player.

Each formal section of the game is broken up into three informal ones that can be moved between for different plants as the player sees fit. The first involves gathering clues by looking at objects in the environment which dispense background information on a plotline involving discrimination against women in Victorian education. (This plotline does have a minor emotional payoff at the end but is clearly not a focus of the game). These sequences that take up most of the time when entering a new area of the manor should be familiar to any player of horror games or walking simulator and have more of a focus on light narrative than compelling gameplay. Nothing too special or too off-putting.

The second section of the game is the classic Obra Dinn formula of matching up the right clues to figure out how to properly bloom each plant. The big pain point here is that the clues are not visible from the UI after they are collected. Instead, the player has to physically go to and remember each location to get the information they need. Luckily, clues talking about similar topics will largely be in the same area, but this can lead to matching the right clues together becoming trivial at times. Especially since each plant has a very specific way of blooming that does not overlap with the others, making red herrings easy to pick out and the detective experience feeling like a pushover. While it is a great gameplay mechanic lifted from a great game, its implementation here is very basic with not much room for nuance.

The last section largely involves setting up the right conditions for each plant to bloom. This is the most thematically and mechanically interesting part of the game because it is different for each plant. One may need a certain kind of music playing, while another might need to rest at a certain temperature. These are all done by interacting with various objects in the environment like placing items in a certain order or turning a dial to the correct number. Figuring out these nuances was the best part of the game and the payoff with unique visuals for each plant bloom were some of the most beautiful. While not mechanically deep or innovative, they served as nice capstone experiences for each plant investigation.

Overall, Botany Manor succeeds in carving out a unique space in the genre. Its definitely more casual friendly and lighthearted than many of its contemporaries. However, there is a lack of interesting narratives created by the clues mechanic that I feel has become a staple of the genre. While its still fun to solve investigations about plants, they're just not as interesting at the end of the day as examining actual human characters. And with the other mechanics largely being closer to the derivative than innovative end of the scale, Botany Manor made me wish for a deeper, more compelling experience.

Botany Manor is an extremely charming puzzler and is a deft entry into a genre that I find could use some more games that aren't 30-hour meta puzzling mind breakers. Botany Manor is easy, and while that descriptor milage of course may vary, I don't mean it as a slight. As much as I love absolute brain busters like Baba is You or Void Stranger, it's nice to just have a game where you lightly solve flower mysteries for a few evenings and set it down. If you want a light puzzler experience, I strongly recommend.

The perfect remedy to having played a touch too many high energy games lately. Gorgeous, serene, and evoking of the same glee that science experiments brought me in school.

It is just as compelling to discover what a mysterious flower needs to grow as it is to learn more of this woman, born before her time.

He tenido el mejor arco de redención posible.

Jogo divertido e relaxante, com puzzles legais de se cumprir.
Um indie que vale muito a pena ser jogado.

Botany Manor was such a delight and I enjoyed the time I spent with it so much that I played it through in one sitting! The vibes were super cozy and the environments interesting and full of small details, the summery atmosphere being a cherry on top <3
I loved the way you had to wander around the manor collect the clues, it really feeding into my explorer mindset! the puzzles weren't too difficult and it was really difficult to get stuck, but it still gave you that joy of figuring them out, although couple times I knew what to do, but I just could not get the order right. in addition, the inability to look at the clues in your journal got really annoying eventually, as some plants have many things to keep in mind to make them grow, so I highly suggest you have some paper at hand where you can write some clues down.

all in all, I highly recommend this game and I am really excited to see what the studio will come up with next ~

Botany Manor is a neat contextual puzzle solving detective game about figuring out the conditions needed to grow strange and slightly magical plants. Explore the manor, find clues and items - and pick out the important details that will teach you how your plants need to grow.

The puzzles are neat and satisfying, not overly complicated, and Botany Manor is good fun for it's 3-4 hour duration.

The only downside is that Botany Manor is simply not as polished as some other titles in this "genre" (Chants of Sennaar, Return of the Obra Dinn, The Case of the Golden Idol etc.) and feels slightly weak in that regard. It's also more expensive than those other games. It's not the first game I'd recommend in this niche, but I'm glad it exists.

Absolutely fantastic game from start to finish, Botany Manor is a stunning place to get lost in. The gorgeous art style and wonderful sound design facilitate a feel good atmosphere that will keep a big smile on your face throughout. The puzzles are clever and engaging with perfect difficulty that keeps things going without a hitch.

A great, tight, puzzle game that doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Botany Manor provides a novel, and unique, set of puzzles which are all about botany during the 18th century England. Taking me a little under 4 to complete the game doesn't give itself any time to get long in the tooth and that is to it's credit resulting in all of the puzzles feeling engaging and enjoyable as opposed to tedious.

It provides little in terms of story, but just enough to have a payoff after the credits roll. Which is another aspect of the game that works in its favour, as is the case with quite a few indie puzzle games where too much of a focus is put on a poor story that drags the rest of the game with it.

Accompanying the puzzles is an equally enjoyable setting, in which the game takes place - the titular Botany Manor, in the Somerset Countryside providing the player with an enjoyable set of views for the duration of the game. Which is further backed up by the games stylistic approach. Working hand in hand with the games art style the music to the game provides a relaxing atmosphere that doesn't grate on the ears, further enhancing the experience.

My only major gripe with the game would be that the sprint mechanic seemed to kick in as and when it wanted despite me having it toggled on the entire time. Sometimes I would move at a quick pace, but other times I would be going no quicker than the games walk speed. Sadly this elongated some of the late game puzzles which involved quite an amount of back and forth throughout the manor lands for me.

Un juego de puzles muy lindo y cortito que disfrutarás seguro si te gustan juegos basados en setpieces de descubrimiento (juegos como Obra Dinn o Sennaar)
No tiene demasiada profundidad pero no la necesita.

I do not have anything bad to say here. The graphics are stunning, the puzzles do not get repetitive, and its all around a cool concept. A cute, relaxed, and small journey through an amazing little world; Definitely worth a play.

A bite size delight. The environmental deduction puzzling to figure out the conditions/ingredients needed to grow each plant is fun and intuitive enough, and the epistle storytelling thoughtfully documents a decades-long personal struggle against 19th Century misogyny (with a feel good conclusion that still avoids anachronism).

The Witness-like visuals are really attractive, though I noticed minor performance issues still present from the earlier demo, despite this not looking like a system-pusher. It’s not a huge deal and it’s definitely playable, but it’s noticeable throughout even as someone who doesn’t care at all about frame rates.

A short, sweet, solid adventure game about solving puzzles to make plants grow. The vibes are nice and the puzzles are logical and while clues aren't actually recorded in your in-game journal they usually aren't far away from each other. The game's not super plot-driven, its mainly the protag dealing with stuffy British eggheads not taking her seriously because she is a woman doing science ala Mary Anning, and this carries the game enough and it even has a nice ending. Overall just a chill game worth checking out.