A game that I had played before on the Playstation 3, many times by the way, when I was younger, but that I couldn't finish. Playing this game at 60 fps and 1080p is beautiful, and this game on the Playstation 3 was already wonderful for a game from 2010, even today it is an extremely beautiful game.
It was my first game in the franchise, and it is a game that stands out for its characters, who are extremely cartoonish, such as Hades, Hermes, Helios, Hercules and even Zeus himself. The first battle of the game against Poseidon shows the nature of Kratos, capable of being extremely brutal in pursuit of his goal, and this is even deeper in our throat, where at the end of the fight, we have Poseidon's point of view being beaten and even having his eyes crushed by Kratos' fingers.
The game features an epic soundtrack, with classic and reimagined children, and new children from epic battles, like the battle of Poseidon (particularly the battle I love the most), to quieter children like Pandora.
Combat is more of what we're used to from God of War, adapted as new weapons we acquire along the way through the story.
The Platinum Trophy isn't as easy to acquire, and that's due to the tricky Challenge of Olympus. Other than that, the trophies are pretty easy to get.

I honestly felt like a worse person when i finished this game, and I don't think the developers intended that.

Nobody told me the part where you use a lady as a door-stopper was immediately after a dog-kicking puzzle

Ragnarok replay continuation
You know, going in I was thinking that this game could get worse this playthrough and that it wouldn’t be as good as my first playthrough
Nah it’s just as perfect as that first playthrough

By all rights I should hate this game. A combo juggler spectacle action game full of QTEs, and that head-down, eyes-up XTREME gamebro rage fantasy from the early 2000s. It's the kind of game that makes spindly 13 year old boys breathlessly whisper, "That's so badass...". It's downright cringey to play in front of other people.
And yet…
The larger-than-life spectacle of it is, well, spectacular, and I can never get enough Greek mythology. The set pieces are incredible, and there are some interesting environmental puzzles in between the bloodthirsty combat sequences.
And in a great favor to unskilled gamers like me, the easy mode is REALLY easy. You can just sit back, mash buttons, and enjoy the ride.

I rate this 5-star and the new God of War a 5-star purely because they both are masterclasses on each of their respective genres, but also the transformation of the games and stories between these two titles is so amazing and creative.

Oh my god this game is sick.
Easily the best of the original god of war games, and the peak of this type of over-the-top insane spectacle video game in a way that only the finale of a trilogy like this can be.
While the story is still just a means to get the player to get to the big fights, and just very edgy and with an honestly unnecessary number of boobs, the writing still clearly had a decent amount more effort put into it. While not every attempt to make the story be more interesting or mean something more lands, this is still a major improvement over the first two.
They almost perfected the combat of this formula in this one, with exactly the right amount of complexity, the only issue to me is the gauntlets being a bit too good and a bit too fun compared to the other weapons, leading me to mostly use only them for the rest of the game.
The spectacle of this game is just so cool, with most of the best boss fights in the series, and some of the best moments that come together to be one of the best games of the 7th gen and is such a perfect and definitive end to this style of god of war game.

Definitely the best game in the original series. More of the same and has a few of the same problems of the older games (such as some annoying enemies, wonky platforming, and a lack of interesting narrative driving it forward) but feels better to play and has more interesting weapons and abilities than previous entries. Ending was kind of bad but I wasn't playing this for the story. Glad I waiting until after playing Ascension and all of the others to play this one because I would have dropped Ascension hard if I had gone from this to that.

Es un juegazo. En su género no tiene muchos rivales.

Great game and epic conclusion to Kratos’ first story! I preferred the story in the second game, but gameplay was smoother than ever and combat was wickedly fun. There were some obnoxious platforming/booby trap parts near the end, but if you completed the first game, then it is nothing too terrible.
GoW original trilogy rankings
II > III > I
Play all three for a great time! Not perfect, but glad I got into the franchise!

The ultimate refinement of the God of War trilogy (plus PSP games)
Looks amazing running on PS5, gameplay smooth as can be and THE MOST VIOLENT GAME EVER MADE.

1 gün içinde bitirdim. Combat eski ama iyi bence + AGA oyunun sonlarına doğru baya sıkıldım zeus boss fight çöptü aq. Güzel oyun oynayın KEKW

ZEUS! YOUR SON HAS RETURNED I COME SEEKING THE WEED OF OLYMPUS

Certamente um dos MELHORES jogos que ja joguei, um história muito bem contada, ela consegue colocar o kratos na mitologia grega perfeitamente.
Uma trilha sonora digna de oscar, admito que em muitas batalhas me pegava aumentando o volume no maximo, principalmente quando a trilha do kratos tocava.
Zerei pela segunda vez, e amei mais ainda o jogo, ja que agora eu entendo pelo menos um pouco da mitologia grega.
Um boa gameplay misturada com uma boa história, vc joga sem ver o tempo passar, era isso que eu estava sentindo falta em alguns jogos que andei jogando.

Let me start off by saying I have no nostalgia for this game, I didn't grow up with a PS3 and the very first time I played it was back in 2017 so this is only my 2nd time playing the game so when I say it is my favorite in the series it is through a fresh experience and not rose-tinted glasses.
God of War III features bigger and more grandiose set-pieces and locations, the sheer scale of the game is just insane exploring everywhere from Hades to the heights of Mt Olympus and who could forget the breathtaking, awestriking view as you climb the Chain of Balance or move the Labyrinth cubes in the cavern. I still think God of War I&II have more of an adventurous feeling since in God of War III you're mostly just in Olympus the whole game, but the sheer scope and scale of the locations and set-pieces more than make up for that.
Of course the locations are not the only thing that is bigger and better. No, the boss fights are easily some of the coolest and most epic in not only the whole series, but action video games in general. God of War III is a game that revels in its gory spectacle and every boss fight is just a joy to watch unfold from the very beginning of fighting Poseidon on the back of the Titan Gaia to carving off pieces of Hades flesh or ripping off fingernails from the Titan Chronos as you scale his body and even getting into a bloody fist fight with Hercules (Shout out to the devs for getting Kevin Sorbo who voiced Hercules in the iconic 90s show 'Hercules the Legendary Journeys' to voice him in this game as well). God of War II introduced epic boss fights with heroes and demi-gods from Greek myths, but in God of War III you actually get to fight the gods themselves and I was never once disappointed with how those fights played out.
Combat is mostly the same as the first two games, Kratos still has his primary blades (Known as the Blades of Exile in this game) alongside various magic powers and other weapons you pick up on your journey like the Claws of Hades or the Neman Cestus. There is one major addition to the formula like the Item Power bar which recovers over time after using secondary items like Apollo's Bow or Herme's Boots which are mostly used for platforming and puzzles, but also have combos tied to them which can add an edge in combat. This is the most polished, fast, fluid and complex the combat formula has ever been in God of War to date.
The story for God of War III is once again a tale of vengeance as Kratos butchers all the greek gods one by one on his path to Zeus and causes an apocalyptic event to befall the people of Greece. This time Kratos must quell the deadly Flame of Olympus to once again use Pandora's Box against Zeus as he did all those years ago against Ares and to do that he must find Pandora herself. God of War III expands the world and lore of the series in clever ways that often even tie back into the very first game flipping what we thought we knew on its head and I love that. Also I will say how I saw that at the time of this game's first release a lot of people complained about the ending and found it weird, but I love the dynamic between Kratos and Pandora and how she helps him develop and grow and it fits even better after playing God of War (2018). So I would say that God of War III ended the trilogy in a very satisfying way because while it is very dark and tragic there's still a glimmer of hope for the future as well.
God of War is a series that has only gotten better every new entry (At least in terms of the original trilogy) God of War (2005) set the standard for action/adventure games, God of War II redefined that standard and raised the bar in every way imaginable and finally God of War III mastered and perfected the formula. Featuring more grandiose set-pieces, some of the most epic bosses in the action game genre, the best God of War combat system to date and a well written story that gives a satisfying conclusion to Kratos' vengeance filled trilogy, God of War III is everything I loved about the first two games, but turned up to 11 making it the definitive God of War experience.

after trying and failing to go through the slog that was the first two games, this game solidifies itself as a classic. improving so much that the other games failed on, combat feels meaty and satisfying, and the story ties up krotos's revenge story nicely (even tho it feels a little undeserved)

magnífico de bom pelo amor de deus que jogo incrível

A brilliantly nasty climax that delivers on the promise at the end of the second game - to wreak havoc and revenge on Mount Olympus.
It doesn't shy away from making Kratos a villainous character, a horror movie where you are the killer. It works due to how unflinching it is, and how Kratos relates to the gods. He's an agent of chaos, someone paying back the gods for their meddling and cruelty, which makes it a fun ride even as it becomes increasingly cruel itself.
This was probably my favourite of the trilogy for how well it does this, and how well it tunes the gameplay into the parts of it that I enjoy - combat, traversal and set pieces. Weapons and moveset and the best of the trilogy, boss fights are superb even by todays standards.
Overall this is not the best God of War story, but it's probably my favourite game overall for how consistently well it delivers on its intent.

Honestly after replaying the whole series this is definitely a good conclusion to the Greek era of the game overall I enjoyed it

First time revisiting this in a long time, the first game I got back when I got a PS3 so it was incredibly nostalgic for me. Despite that God of War III is an incredible finale that's borderline comically violent but ruthlessly gory, brutal, incredibly satisfying game. The set pieces are insane, the remaster looks fantastic and I love every single bit of the art and level design with its insanely large swooping cinematic style angles to give you a sense of scale you don't see anymore in games. Voice acting is still pretty fantastic and I love how incredibly theatrical and over the top the whole narrative is. The combat is the best it ever was with all the new weapons to keep things consistently thrilling. only some short bursts of monotony or tedium in this one but this game is an exhilarating ride from start to finish and is the enthralling finale any fan could have asked for. One of the PS3's very best and still my favourite God of War, a brutally dark finale with one of the most nihilistic but cathartic endings to a series. Really looking forward to Ragnarok soon.

My favorite direction the God of War series has taken so far in terms of both story AND gameplay so far. Feels somewhat dated for sure, tho.

Like da slashy stuff
Didnt like some of the platforming and puzzle stuff

Na minha review do GOW 2 eu disse sobre como ele consegue terminar deixando um climax ótimo para a sequência e aqui a gente vê que de fato isso foi muito bem aproveitado, embora eu não tenha sentido tanta inovação de um título para outro, principalmente se formos notar que esse saiu para PS3 então, tecnologicamente, esperava-se mais.
Apesar disso, eu não o considero um jogo fraco, simplório ou "cansado", na verdade ele fez o dever de casa para amarrar e encerrar o arco da história e fez isso de uma forma extremamente satisafatoria.
Apesar da essência ser a mesma, tudo é melhor do que no dois. A evolução das armas, o combate muito mais preciso e fluido, as boss battles MUITO melhores, brutalidade aumentada e, para mim, um dos pontos altos que é a narrativa e a trilha sonora que como sempre encaixa perfeitamente.

I'm so happy that Cory designed Atreus because I would probably kill myself if I had to play God of War 2018 with Pandora by my side as Kratos' kid.