CDPR once again prove themselves as masters of the art of creating rich, deep and fun-as-hell DLC content. Phantom Liberty is up there with Blood and Wine as one of the best DLCs I've ever played.

As much as I love the narrative of the base game, I really appreciated how tight and streamlined the story here is. Dogtown is just small but dense enough to explore without it feeling overwhelming, and the story beats do a great job of introducing you to it slowly. I never thought a spy thriller in a game like Cyberpunk could work so well, but I really really enjoyed my time with it.

Idris Elba's performance here is downright excellent. He brings his charisma and icy coolness to the role perfectly, and he instantly elevated any scene he was in. I'd love to see his character make a cameo in the sequel.

The ending I got was bittersweet to say the least. It felt like a necessary end to V's journey but rang pretty hollow when the credits started rolling. I found myself staring at the screen wondering if I had made the right choice, and that to me was a sign that CDPR made an ending that didn't neatly tie everything up in a bow, and I'm grateful for that.

Cyberpunk and PL as a complete, interconnected package are some of the best gaming experiences I've had in a while. I think when you separate out the horrendous launch this game had and take into account what the game actually is on its own merits (especially with the 2.0 update), you appreciate just how good of a game this really is. I'll be thinking about this for a long while.

I'm glad I decided to wait to play through Cyberpunk 2077 until after the 2.0 update - the game feels like a more complete, mostly smooth package compared to when I first played it at release (but it's not without its issues).

The game's strongest asset is its narrative, which I thoroughly enjoyed all the way through. I loved the cast of characters that you meet along the way, and their side stories are some of the best side content I've played in a while. I was genuinely sad to see some of them go, and the messages you get from them during the credits were a great touch. V's story is really interesting, and although I felt like it dragged at points, the story kept up momentum for most of its run-time and didn't feel like it overstayed its welcome. I was happy with the ending I got and think it fits the life that I envisioned for V while I was playing as him - I'm eager to see how different endings play out if I do a replay in the future.

Although things have seemingly been patched up performance wise, there are still some fairly glaring issues that I encountered during my playthrough. There were numerous times where cars would glitch out on the street or I'd get stuck on a railing or part of a building. There was one notable instance where, during a pivotal cutscene in a side story, I watched an NPC go through a loop of sitting at a ramen shop table, pulling a bowl out of thin air, eating it, standing up and then walking in a circle to do it all again. It sorta broke the immersion when these things would happen, but they didn't happen enough to where it felt like the game was unplayable.

I also found the gameplay to be a bit one-note as time went on, although that might be due to how I decided to build V as a character. I basically made him into a soldier and put most of my points into gun skills, and so going into firefights over and over again started to lose its novelty after a while. The actual moment-to-moment gameplay wasn't bad, but I wish I could've better integrated some of the other abilities like quickhacks into my arsenal. Exploration was really well done though - Night City is an awesome place to roam around in, and it felt so alive that I often would skip fast traveling just so I could take in more of the environment.

After following the hype for this game for some time, I knew I had to play it once all the major bugs and issues had been ironed it, and the 2.0 update seemed like the best time to do that. I'm happy to say that I really enjoyed my time with this - the story and characters more than make up for any misgivings I have about some of the performance and gameplay issues. While obviously not on the same level as the Witcher 3, CDPR have made another sprawling, deep and well-written game that left me impressed - I can't wait to see how Phantom Liberty builds on this solid foundation.

Really appreciate how weird Treyarch was willing to go with this game. It's nothing revolutionary, but it's different enough from most other military shooters to stand out and is one of the stronger CoD campaigns because of it. And a special shout-out to Sam Worthington for his performance as Mason, he nailed that deranged character well.

It absolutely blows my mind this game was released in 2001. Remedy have once again proven themselves to be masters of their craft - to have writing, art direction, cinematics and voice acting of this quality in a game that's 23 years old is just wild. The gameplay was a bit clunky but it never got to the point where I feel like it was unplayable or unfair in any way.

This is an excellent neo-noir shooter and I can't believe it's taken me this long to play it. Can't wait to start Max Payne 2.

An astonishingly high quality free DLC that expands upon my favorite game of 2022. This pushed me to master the combat in a way that I didn't in the base game, and even though I haven't played the original GoW trilogy, seeing Kratos confront and overcome his demons was amazing all the same.

This DLC also reminded me just how fucking gorgeous Ragnarok is and how absurd the graphical fidelity on display here is - you can see every pore on that man's bald head. Now one of my all-time favorite DLCs.

An absolute delight to play. Such a nice break from the longer, narrative-driven games I typically play. Finished it in a little over an hour while doing a bit of exploration, but I'll definitely be returning to this frequently since it's such a short but wonderful game.

I enjoyed Spider-Man 2 considerably more than the first Spider-Man and only slightly more than Miles Morales. While I did have some gripes with it here and there, I think it's a really fun game with a surprisingly emotional story.

The traversal is once again top tier, and with some of the added abilities it makes this game's movement that much better. I challenged myself to never use the fast travel function in this game and I'm happy to say that I never even felt the need to - moving around this world is some of the best I've played in any video game.

The combat was fun enough, but I was a bit disappointed that it didn't really open up completely until the end of the game. There are some insane abilities that are great for crowd control but you get them in the last few hours of the story which is a bit of a bummer. The combat is fast and frenetic and it really forced me to get good with dodge and parry windows.

I think the story is where this game truly shines. This is the best story of the 3 games by a long-shot and I loved the way we were able to switch between Peter and Mile's perspectives. The boss fights were much better done this time around (although some of them definitely overstayed their welcome with a few too many multi-phase fights) and the introduction of Kraven and Venom was just awesome. I've never read the comics so I can't compare this game to those but I thought their characterization was really well done and are some of the stronger gaming antagonists I've seen in a while.

I'm glad I was able to sneak this in before the end of the year. I still have some side content to mop up but this was a really solid gaming experience. I don't think this moved the needle as much as it could've compared to its predecessors but it felt more polished in a lot of areas in comparison. Excited to see how Insomniac continues this story (and maybe connect in the Wolverine game they're working on?).

I sobbed like a baby at the end of this game.

I can't believe RGG managed to make a short game that bridges Kiryu's story between LAD 6 and 7 this damn good. Kiryu is one of my all-time favorite characters in gaming and fiction as a whole, and getting to play as him again after so long was so nice. The combat was as good as it's ever been and the final boss fight was a satisfyingly tough fight that I really enjoyed. The new characters were all great and the story, while short, did a great job at explaining what happened between 6 and 7 before Infinite Wealth comes out next year.

I love this series so fucking much, and this is up there with 0, 6 and 7 as one of my all-time favorites. Kiryu is such an amazing character, and I truly can't believe how much of an emotional gut-punch the ending was; I don't often cry at games but I feel like I've invested so much time and emotional energy into this man's journey that it almost felt cathartic to cry. This was a such a special gaming experience and I'm so glad I got to play it.

I've been waiting to write this review since I played the campaign early. This is the worst CoD campaign by far (even Ghosts has a better campaign and that game is objectively bad) and a major disappointment for me as a long-time CoD fan.

I was cautiously optimistic about the new open-combat missions; I'm always supportive of studios trying to change up their gameplay formula in order to innovate on existing ideas. Unfortunately, they missed the mark entirely with these missions. The missions have essentially no narrative focus outside of a brief cutscene at the beginning and end, and some incessant radio chatter in-between if you're not completing your objectives fast enough. These missions essentially feel like watered-down versions of DMZ maps in Warzone and I ended up dreaded seeing the "open-combat mission" pop-up while I was playing.

Speaking of Warzone, the blatant re-use of assets from Verdansk is wild. I immediately recognized several parts of the map while I was playing and couldn't believe that they had cut this many corners in trying to ship this game out in less than a year.

I've always given this series the benefit of the doubt since I have a soft spot for it, but this kind of feels like the last straw for me. The fact that I paid $70 for a campaign that barely lasted 4 hours and was this low quality is infuriating, and this feels like a low point for the series. I'm hoping with the recent Microsoft acquisition that the CoD teams can take a step back and re-evaluate because this emphasis on micro-transactions and Warzone over a good campaign just isn't it.

An absolute masterpiece from Remedy. This game is leaps and bounds better than the first game and is my favorite game in their catalogue by a mile.

Alan Wake II is such a wonderfully strange and passionate project - I'm so glad we have games this weird being made in 2023 without developers needing to compromise on their vision. Remedy has perfected their craft here - the story is absurd and entertaining, the graphics, art direction and presentation are absolutely insane (the mix of in-engine and live-video cutscenes was genius) and the gameplay is fun and doesn't overstay its welcome (probably the weakest part of the package but not bad at all; it felt much better than the first game).

I have to give a special shout-out to the sound design in this game - it's truly top notch. I highly recommend playing with headphones; the music and sound effects create an incredibly tense atmosphere that immersed me the entire time. I was genuinely creeped out from the sound design alone and it made the experience that much better.

As I've slowly been making my way through Remedy's catalogue the last few years I've realized that they're one of the most talented developers working today. You can tell that they put their all into their projects and that they're true labors of love. Alan Wake II was one of the best gaming experiences I've had this year and I'm beyond excited to dig deeper into their Remedy Connected Universe in the years to come.

Enjoyed this more a second time around. The first time I played this I was frustrated by the sections where you're forced to use survival mechanics to get by; this time I appreciated the depth they added to the gameplay. As much as I enjoy running and gunning in these games the gameplay can get stale after a while so it was nice getting to switch things up and feel a bit more powerless for once.

These first two games of the reboot are gorgeous from a cinematic perspective; I've always enjoyed the cutscenes of the CoD games and MW 2019 and this are some of the best of the series. I also appreciate that they're more grounded in terms of the plot, although they still fall into the trap of "America will always save the day" that leaves them feeling one dimensional and slightly problematic from a savior complex angle.

I felt that MW 2019 was a bit stronger overall but I still really enjoyed this game. Excited to dig into MW III when it releases in a few weeks.

Managed to finish the original Modern Warfare trilogy before Modern Warfare III comes out next month. I've played this version of MW3 the least of the original trilogy, and I'm happy to say it holds up pretty well all these years later. It's nothing too special but the campaign is solid and has some great set pieces, particularly the end. It's been interesting to see how they've changed the story with the reboot and I'm curious to see how they'll incorporate Makarov's character into MWIII.

This was a rough experience. After playing Control and absolutely loving it I knew I wanted to go back and play Remedy's other games, especially with Alan Wake II coming out soon. I had started and stopped Alan Wake a few times but finally decided to finish it - it was definitely a mixed bag of an experience.

The story is what carries the game for me. It's a really interesting concept that gets weirder the further into the game you get, and I thought the writing and voice direction were really strong overall. I've never seen Twin Peaks but know of the general vibe of the show and that seems to be the same vibe that Alan Wake is going for here. It's a really interesting premise and I'm excited to see how Remedy builds on it for the sequel.

My biggest gripe with the game, however, and the aspect that frustrated me the most was the gameplay. This game just did not feel fun to play a lot of the time, and at a certain point I was powering through the combat encounters just to see the next story beat. The light gimmick is interesting when you first start using it but the novelty wears off pretty quickly, especially when you're being surrounded on all sides by enemies. This game loves to hit you with the slow-mo sequence just as an enemy is about to hit you and you can't dodge out of the way in time. There's also no indicator whatsoever for enemies that are off-screen - no on-screen cue, no sound effect, nothing - and the number of times I was essentially stun-locked by off-screen enemies was infuriating. And not to mention those god damn throwing axes - I was ready to pull my hair out after I kept getting hit with fucking axes that were thrown off screen. The movement was also super clunky a lot of the time - a product of the game's era for sure, but still annoying to deal with, particularly when you needed to get a running start to jump over a gap and the game just decides not to register your jump on time and you fall.

I wanted to enjoy Alan Wake a lot more than I did, but it wasn't a terrible experience; the story is really interesting and kept me moving through the often tedious and frustrating gameplay. Against my better judgment I'm planning to play the two DLC episodes as well as American Nightmare before the sequel comes out - hopefully I won't lose my sanity in the process.

When I saw the first trailer for Death Stranding, I wasn't impressed. It looked like a walking/cargo delivery simulator and that seemed like the furthest thing from my own interests in gaming at the time. I quickly brushed it off and put it out of my mind.

Fast forward to the game releasing - I decided to watch some gameplay since it seemed to be a polarizing game and was once again unimpressed. My suspicions had seemed to be confirmed - this looked exactly like a walking/cargo delivery simulator. I couldn't fathom how anyone could possibly enjoy this game; where was the fun in just walking around? I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Fast forward again to this past year - I started playing the Metal Gear Solid series after hearing nothing but glowing things about it. I slowly made my way through each game, admiring the vision and passion that Kojima and his team put into each project. I became fascinated with Kojima specifically, and wanted to understand how he could create something that felt so fresh and inspired.

After beating MGSV recently, I felt a hollowness - it felt like nothing could fill the void that finishing the MGS series had left. I knew Kojima had left Konami to create his own studio and put out that weird game Death Stranding I had seen a couple years ago - could it be as good as what I considered to be his magnum opus?

After roughly 52 hours with Death Stranding, I can confidently say that this game stands next to Metal Gear Solid as a once-in-a-lifetime gaming experience. I don't think one is better than the other; on the contrary, I think both complement each other perfectly. Kojima's ability to tell deeply complex, philosophical stories with nuanced characters and an absurdity that borders on the inane is unmatched. I found myself far more invested in this story than I ever expected to be, and as I write this review I feel the same sort of hollowness that I felt when I completed MGSV. I knew I had experienced something truly special, and I know that very few games, if any, will be able to capture this specific feeling ever again.

Playing this game felt strangely calming a lot of the time; I often get pretty tired of traversing open worlds in a lot of the games I play and will opt to use fast travel to speed up the experience. Walking around the world of Death Stranding felt serene - it allowed me to sit with my thoughts while walking between point A and point B, and rarely did it ever feel like a chore to get where I was going (with a handful of exceptions but they never ruined the experience outright).

The vocal and facial capture performances in this game are absolutely top notch. I can't think of a game, apart from maybe The Last of Us Part II, that looks this good and has characters that felt this real. Every tear that ran down a face, every subtle facial expression - they all felt so genuine. The casting in this game was also bonkers - I knew Guillermo del Toro had a role but had no idea Troy Baker, Margaret Qualley AND Conan O'Brien would show up as well. The fact that Death Stranding has such a star studded cast speaks volumes about how influential Kojima is as a creator and just how much of a cool opportunity it must be to work with him.

The weakest part of this game is probably the combat - it felt tacked on a lot of the time and often took me out of the experience while playing. I'm guessing that it was included to cater to a larger audience since a game just about delivering cargo probably wouldn't sound like a fun video game to a lot of people (myself included when I first heard about it). Thankfully the combat sections make up a small portion of the overall game and don't detract too much from an otherwise stellar experience.

I think this is the longest review I've ever written on this site but it also feels like I could write pages more about this game. It's insane to me to think that this game exists at all; if I were in a board room hearing Death Stranding pitched to me for the first time I'd have thought that Kojima had lost his mind. But I'm also immensely grateful that he was given the opportunity to tell his off the wall and absolutely unhinged story that resonated so deeply with me. I distinctly remember seeing the trailer for the sequel at the Game Awards last year and thinking that it was wild to me that they were making a sequel to that weird walking simulator game - now, I cannot wait to dive back into this world once again.

An excellent addition to RE4 Remake. I never played the original back in the day but this was such a great way to revisit the game 6 months after beating it. I was surprised by just how much content is here for the price point - some of it felt a bit unnecessary but all in all it was a really solid expansion to the base game's narrative. Ada's expanded traversal abilities were a lot of fun, and it once again felt great to roundhouse kick downed enemies.